What exactly is IU EDP? For 53 years the Indiana University Executive Development Program has assisted park and entertainment specialists during the neighborhood, state and national degree that are in-front line, management, and leadership positions build and bolster the fundamental abilities needed seriously to handle and lead in a public and non-profit environment.
IU EDP is arranged around a two year curriculum centering on leadership and administration ability development. The curriculum is reviewed annually by the IU EDP board of Trustees who are past program graduates to continually offer cutting edge education opportunities.
IU EDP sessions are much longer than many comparable education that is continuing. Many course lengths are 3.25 hours. This longer course period enables for an in-depth conversation of the specific subject and for greater sharing among participants. Over 17.5 hours of expert instruction!
Business of Parks and Recreation Each EDP that is interactive session not merely deal with crucial conditions that face specialists, but business subjects that effect divisions may be discussed aswell.
EDP Alumni choice: Graduates associated with 2 IU EDP are invited to return to the program year.
IU EDP Alumni can make 2.0 CEUs by going to the complete system. Reconnect with EDP by networking with park and fun experts from for the national country and discover something brand new. For lots more details contact Julie Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Campus of Indiana University IU EDP is situated from the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington is simply 1 hour south of Indianapolis and it is close to major areas that are metropolitan as Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati. Air transport is present through the Indianapolis airport which will be serviced by a number of major providers. An airport shuttle solution can be obtained through the Indianapolis airport to Indiana University via Go Express Travel. Phone 800-589-6004 to find out more.
The thing that makes IU EDP unique?
- IU EDP may be the initial Executive Development Program dating back again to 1967 and contains established a good dedication to the occupation, and contains a track record of quality in the area of parks and entertainment.
- IU EDP teachers result from from coast to coast to carry a fresh viewpoint to individuals. All teachers get one part of common- several years of expertise into the areas and fun career.
- IU EDP thinks that course size possesses impact that is direct learning, therefore classes take place up to an optimum size of 40 people.
- One of many essential tenants of IU EDP could be the building of enduring relationships among participants. Networking possibilities are a definite concern.
- Over 1,700 experts have finished the IU EDP system.
- Finally, we commit ourselves for you, the park and fun expert, that will help you be much more effective in your job.
Whom should go to IU EDP? this system is for folks who are into the areas and relaxation career at any degree.
The 2018 and 2019 classes included practitioners from:
- Municipal agencies and/or State Parks in Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, ny, new york, Ohio, Pennsylvania, sc, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin
- Non-profit businesses, and
- Elected town officials
- People in management generally, leadership or board jobs can benefit from IU EDP.
away from course possibilities a number of away from course possibilities might be offered during EDP such as for instance trips of IU sport facilities, Brown County State Park night tour and supper, and Switchyard Park. These tasks provides individuals with a way to become familiar with classmates in an atmosphere that is non-structured. Casual optional team supper outings may also be planned for Monday and Tuesday evening.